TRADE COMPLIANCE SUMMIT 2020
Increasing trade volumes together with greater scrutiny of cross-border flows and a stringent focus on compliance with export control and customs regulations create significant challenges for supply chains. Moving goods internationally can be complex and costly for businesses in today's competitive - global markets. Generating savings while ensuring compliance is therefore key.
Companies operating in international markets are faced with a multitude of complex rules and regulations that must be complied with in order to trade successfully. Customs and trade legislations, by no exception, have a significant impact on the cross-border movement of goods. Today, the efficient and strategic integration of import and export processes into overall business goals, tax planning and supply chain management is crucial to every multinational company's success in the marketplace.
There has been a significant amount of increased regulatory development such as the export control reform, the new union customs code (UCC) and changes to governmental systems facilitating international trade. Combined with developments such as trade wars & sanctions, the role of trade & customs compliance is ever more important today.
For a firm to truly be successful in its international operations, trade compliance must be an essential part of its international business strategy and its strategic planning and operations. By attending this summit attendees will learn not only about the most important and critical aspects of trade compliance, but also how to integrate trade compliance into the strategic and operational dimensions of their company.
General Manager – IMG Regional Customs Operations
Ford Motor Pvt. Ltd.
Head - Supply Chain Management
Aquapharm Chemicals Pvt. Ltd.
Additional Director General (Systems)
Mumbai Customs Zone 1
Ameeta Verma Duggal
Founder Partner & Author of Export Controls in India – Law & Procedures
DGS Associates LLC
Regional Director - Supply Chain Management and Centre of Excellence, APAC, Japan and India
NCR Corporation India Pvt. Ltd.
Senior Manager - Imports & Inbound Logistics
Asian Paints Ltd.
Chief Executive Officer
Bolero International Ltd.
Dr. Harshad Kothawade
Head-Regulatory Management & Trade Compliance, India
Merck Life Science Pvt. Ltd.
Group Data and Analytics Cell
Aditya Birla Management Corporation Pvt. Ltd.
Leader - Customs COE
GE India Industrial Pvt. Ltd.
Executive Director - Supply Chain - India & South East Asia
Diversey India Hygiene Pvt. Ltd.
Head SCM & Logistics
Sennheiser Electronics India Pvt. Ltd.
Head of Digital Supply Chain & Logistics
General Manager Head - Export Logistics
Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
Vice President - Head of Import Export and Customs
Executive Vice President of Global Sales & Marketing, CCO
MIC Datenvererbeitung GmbH
Head SCM & Procurement
Dorf Ketal Chemicals India Pvt. Ltd.
Global Trade Compliance Leader
Honeywell Automation India Ltd.
Founder & CEO
Innoval Digital Solutions Pvt. Ltd. (IVL)
Global Export Controls Manager
Cummins India Ltd.
Head - Customs Compliance
DHL Express India Pvt. Ltd.
Vivek Johri IRS
Principal Chief Commissioner of Customs
Jawaharlal Nehru Custom House
KEY TOPICS OF DISCUSSION
- How to best protect a global export supply chain against interpretational variances on classification
- Latest developments in free trade agreements - make the most of free trade agreements
- Learning how blockchain and smart contracts can improve customs control
- Anticipating and preparing for pending BIS regulations involving emerging technology
- Implementation of simplifications and simplified customs procedures
- Targets for enforcement - common compliance loopholes and guidance for achieving best in class compliance
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Functional heads of:
- Supply Chain & Logistics
- Customs / Import / Trade / Export Compliance
- Global / International Trade Compliance
- Trade / Regulatory Counsel
- EXIM Compliance
- STPI / SEZ Compliance
- Legal, Regulatory & Government Affairs
WHY SHOULD YOU ATTEND
- Utilizing free trade agreement to the fullest
- Assessing the effectiveness of your Global Customs Compliance Program
- How to implement strategies to help you to manage duty costs by utilizing free trade agreements, special programs and transactional structuring
- Best practices for obtaining and maintaining AEO certification
- Opportunity to exchange views with the experts, gain insight into recent cases and gather new ideas for your daily practice
- Case study on developing and implementing a Centralized Customs Clearance Pilot